At work, accidentally sold cigarette pack to a minor? In Pa. Will this come off my record? also..?

At work, accidentally sold cigarette pack to a minor? In Pa. Will this come off my record? also..?

Postby freemon83 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 pm

It was a dumb mistake, genuine accident sold tobacco product to a minor. It appears to be a violation offense rather then a misdemeanor, will this show up on a background check? Would this prevent me from doing somthing like say nursing? The lady said the store might get a fine but that personally with me this is how far it was going to be tooken (of course the company has the right to fire me but she said she wasn't involving me any farther), is this going to be a problem if I want to be a doctor or join the police force? I am twenty years old if that effects anything. What I understand about Pa law is I may have to pay a fine but the lady seemed to imply I wouldn't. Also they left absolutly no verification the person was indeed a minor. Is there any way to legally get the consequences reduced?
I recognize it was a crime and I indeed did do somthing wrong, but I am in trouble today for helping somone do somthing potentially unethical but not illegal in itself since minors can smoke. I am frustrated because I may lose my job over this even though minors would never get in trouble. I feel the law works that this is similar to an analogy where a bank robber gets in no trouble but somone who knowingly sells guns to suspicious people goes to jail. I understand if I get fired but i dont want to deal with this the rest of my life.
freemon83

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby barnardo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm

I doubt it will go on your record, but even if it does, people would have to be quite stuck up to deny you based on this.
barnardo

Return to General Lawyer Discussion